Kudzu Questions

Ask questions about kudzu. Give answers if you want. What is more important than the questions about kudzu? The questions are the most interesting.

Friday, July 31, 2015

I live in Georgia, USA

  One time I stopped and picked some kudzu. The owner must have seen me because the police asked me not to park where there was a yellow line on a street with no cars at all. He was right. So I left and I never go back to that spot. People want to protect their property. Sometimes the trees are covered in kudzu. I am not stopping because this is Georgia, and that property is private. Most of the time there is no one to ask. Most of the time, I have driven past the property enough to know that there has been poison sprayed. I have told the county about Kudzu Kollege. One day people will listen. 

The kudzu looks beautiful until you come close to it. There are Asian Soybean rust, and stink bugs. Up close it is difficult to find a beautifully healthy leaf. When I find just a few, I make sure I make kudzu tea. The recipe is on the Auburn U. site, or it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment